E-Safety Information for Parents and Carers
The increased use of online resources during school closures can bring its own risks. Some information is provided below to support parents, carers and young people at this time.
What Apps are your children using?
Do you Know what they use them for?
The NSPCC have a great section on their website. It provides all information on what apps your children may use and the potential dangers.
They have also produced a comprehensive downloadable guide to helping your kids confidently explore the online world. NSPCC online safety guide
This information sheet provides some very useful information on the wide range of social networking apps that young people are using - App Guide
There are many websites that provide very useful information, support and guidance for Parents, Carers and Children. Here are just a few we particularly like.
- Internet Matters is a helpful website specifically aimed to help parents keep their children safe online. InternetMatters - Supporting Families Online
- Advice for parents about talking to your child about creating, sending or receiving explicit images (sexting). https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/sexting-sending-nudes/
- Keep your child safe from online abuse and exploitation, with a free online course developed by Pace. https://keepthemsafe.safeguardingchildrenea.co.uk/ (sign up needed)
- Access down to earth information from children and parents alike on the latest apps, websites, games, videos and more. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- A guide on how to approach discussions with children about commercial content online: Digital-advertising-social-media-parent-guide.pdf
- A quick-access guide to setting up parental controls on your child's phones, PCs, laptops and gaming devices. Parental Control - Links to set up on phones etc
- Managing Facebook settings for Parents. Parental Controls on Facebook
- Child Exploitation Online Protection (CEOP) Centre's website for parents and carers Parents CEOP Website
- Information for keeping your child safe and well online - a comprehensive website Parents & carers | Childnet
- ParentZone is an up to date provider of information, training and support designed to make the internet work for families. ParentZone - The Experts in Digital Family Life
- How to keep yourself safe online, avoiding scams, protecting your computer and more. Get Safe Online | Free, online security advice
- Feeling good on social media. A website to help children cope with their mental health while using social media. Childline's Feeling Good on Social Media - Mental Health Advice
To download and save these links. Online Safety - Helpful Websites for Parents and Carers